Last October the second edition of the Big Science Business Forum was held in Granada, a congress that brings together the world’s leading scientific infrastructures and industry, with a clear focus on business, bringing together on this occasion more than 1200 participants and more than 120 companies.
The congress has been a unique window for different actors to know first hand the investment and contracting forecasts of European Big Science organizations for more than 37 billion euros in the coming years and in the following areas:
– Electrical, power electronics, electromechanical and RF systems.
– Affiliated Big Science Organizations (ABSOs)
– Diagnostics and detectors, sensors, optics and instruments
– Information and communication technologies
– Research Infrastructures and e-Infrastructures in Horizon Europe – European Commission
– Industrial Opportunities for IFMIF-DONES
– Basic material technologies and advanced manufacturing techniques
– Complex building construction and its safety related systems
– High precision and large mechanical components
– Instrumentation, control and CODAC
– Cryogenics, vacuum and leak detection technologies
– SME Involvement and Key Aspects for Procurement
– Affiliated Big Science Organizations (ABSOs) II
– Superconductivity and superconducting magnets
– Career opportunities and pathways in the Big Science market
– Remote handling systems
In this second edition of the congress, IFIC has been able to count on the attendance and active participation of UCIE agents, who have had the opportunity to learn about business opportunities in different areas of technology and to establish contact with representatives of various institutions and companies, as well as to hold B2B meetings and formalize relationships that may be of great interest to researchers of the Institute.
In addition, they have been in charge of compiling information that may be of interest, such as the list of companies that participated in the event or the presentations corresponding to the parallel sessions in which the aforementioned investment opportunities were presented.
All this information is available to the groups upon request by contacting any of the UCIE agents.