Environmental Radioactivity Laboratory LARAM
The Environmental Radioactivity Laboratory (LARAM) located in Edificio de Investigación Jeroni Muñoz is focused on both research in the field of environmental radioactivity and the perform of radioactivity measurements and studies for all types of customers, public or private. Its main activity consists in determining the radioactive content of different types of samples or environments offering services such as:
- Determination of radioactive parameters in drinking, waste, continental and marine waters
- Analysis of the radioactive content of consumer food
- The identification and quantification of radionuclides of interest in materials science, soil science and geology.
- Measurement of radon levels in building materials
- Carrying out studies of radon levels in homes and work environments.
- Radiological surveillance of nuclear power plants
- The analysis and quantification of radioactive isotopes in aerosols
- Detection of labeled molecules in biochemistry
Most of the tests carried out in the laboratory are accredited by ENAC according to the UNE-EN ISO / IEC 17025 standard. LARAM is a laboratory accredited by the CSN to measure radon in air. It is also included in Catálogo de Laboratorios de Salud Pública of the Dirección General of Consellería de Sanitat of the Generalitat Valenciana, for water analysis and food analysis. Since 1995 he has been included to Servei Central de Suport a la Investigació (SCSIE).
- Physicochemical and Radiochemical Laboratory to carry out the physical preparation of the samples, the separation of different radioisotopes and the preparation of standard samples.
- Low Background Counting Area. This place is where the low-background gas flow proportional counters, liquid scintillation detectors, and solid ZnS scintillation detectors are located.
- Gamma Spectrometry Area. It is included of gamma spectrometry equipment with Ge (Hp) detectors
On the official page of SCSIE you can obtain more information about this infrastructure and request its use. From the UCIE we are also at your fully service through our contact form. for any additional information about this infrastructure